You got a big crush on that girl you meet every day in the corridors of your school. The problem is that she likes someone else. How to conquer it? Read this article to find out!
Step 1. Try to understand why she likes this guy so much
Do you appreciate its sporty side? Do you love that he's so sociable or sweet and shy? Did he win her because he is always empathetic and kind to others? You don't have to change who you are, just try to look a little more like the guy she has a crush on right now. Don't try to be exactly like him, just cultivate those traits that have made their way into his heart.
Step 2. Become his friend
Start talking to her about a topic she likes. Ignite his interest and keep him alive. Be intriguing and funny, because girls are usually attracted to this type of personality.
Step 3. Smile
Experiment with different types of smiles and watch her reaction to each of them. Try to smile slightly, without grimacing, to do it with your mouth closed or open. Once you figure out which one you prefer, use it more often when you are together. Don't smile at her the same way you smile at others. Try to give her a smile that you will only have for her, no one else. As time goes by, she may notice that you give her this special attention and she will likely realize that you like her.
Step 4. Compliment her
Start by saying something like "I think it was really nice of you to volunteer for this association / help that girl you barely know prepare for a class test / stand up for that bullied girl." Look at her achievements and congratulate her.
- The following step to take? Saying phrases like “You know, it's really fun to be around you”, “That joke of yours made me laugh for hours. You're too nice!" or "I wish I could run like you!". Ignore all of his faults, unless they are serious (for example, he is excessively lacking in drugs or abusing drugs). Neglecting the negatives about her by focusing on her qualities can actually help you come up with compliments about her personality.
- When you think the time has come and you think you are brave enough to make her imagine your interest, give her a few more compliments about her physical appearance. Start by saying phrases like “Hey, your new shoes are so good” or “Your new shoes are nice. Where did you buy them?”. Follow the same path and gradually move on to compliment her on her hair ("Today your hair looks really good on you. It enhances your features"), clothes ("This shirt looks great. ever made up like this before? You look great ").
Step 5. Give her your phone number or ask for hers
Don't give the idea of doing this because you want to go out with her, you have to make her understand that you are asking her as a friend. For example, don't say phrases like “Hi Chiara, here's my number. Call me if you like . Instead of asking him like this, try saying “Hi Chiara, can I give you my number? I'd like to talk to you on the phone every now and then instead of only being able to do it at school”.
Another example: “Hi Chiara, could you give me your phone number? I'd like to chat with you even outside of school every now and then”. Does he ask you if you are doing this so that you can make an appointment? Tell her no. For now, you shouldn't invite her to go out with you. It is preferable to improve your friendship before making a move like this: you can do it once you have acquired a greater confidence
Step 6. Invite her to your home
Again, make sure you don't think you're doing this because you want to be in a relationship with her, because you should cultivate your friendship first. Also, it's ideal to introduce your potential future girlfriend to your parents before you really start dating. This way you will understand if they have any problems with it. Try to invite her over the weekend so she can go to your house in the afternoon and be home before dinner time.
- Every time she goes to your house, extend the time she stops by 30 minutes, so that at some point you can invite her to stay for dinner. Try to do this if you know your mom has cooked food to her liking. Ask her in advance about her allergies, her favorite foods, and those she hates. If you like, lay out a tablecloth in her favorite color (for example, if she loves blue, choose one in this color).
- When he goes to your house, try to keep an open mind and not criticize the ideas or activities he proposes. Do something that both of you like, let her show you her hobbies, and tell her what you like best. Before she leaves, tell her: "Thanks for visiting, you are always welcome".
Step 7. If she has reacted well to the steps listed so far, try to push her to break the barrier of physical contact
Try to avoid touching her first, because sometimes girls feel threatened and uncomfortable when a guy acts this way. Make sure you get her to do it. If he doesn't see the clues, you should take the risk and try it yourself. For example, try to help her, hand her the jacket, sweater or coat, and so on. Read articles like this one.
Step 8. Invite her to go out with you
The day you decide to ask her out, wash well and wear nice clothes (not formal, but the ones she seems to have liked in the past).
- Start complimenting her (see Step 4). Try to talk to her about both her personality and her physical appearance, making sure you have perfect timing (for example, if you make her laugh, you might say "Wow, you have a beautiful smile and a contagious laugh"). If you think she will react by saying, "Thank you, but why are you telling me right now?", Then it is best to continue talking right away, without giving her a chance to respond. If she says something like that to you, then go straight to the point and ask her if she wants to go to the movies or elsewhere with you. If, on the other hand, she doesn't have the chance to answer in this way or she just thanks you, without adding anything else, you can ask her "Hey, can I ask you a question?". Then, take a deep breath and say "Do you want to go to the movies tomorrow?".
- Does he tell you no? Don't break down and don't burst into tears. Just take it lightly and say "No problem, let's be friends then". Stop talking about it, smile, say hello and go away. If, on the other hand, you are at your house or with her, continue with what you were doing, as if nothing had happened. Does he say yes? Then congratulations!
- When you want to make an appointment, call her and agree on where to go, what to do and who will pay (each one for himself or will you offer her all?). If you want to make a good impression, buy tickets to a concert or cinema for both of you.
- Be honest.
- Be informal.
- Protect it!
- Be yourself and don't listen to jealous people. Let them say what they want.
- Be yourself. After all, she should like your true personality: if you pretend you will disappoint her.
- Do whatever it takes to win her over and show her that you deserve her.