The Sims 2: Funky Business is the third expansion of The Sims 2 and was released in the winter of 2006. With it, you can get your Sims to open their own business! It's fun to play with, but if you want to be successful with your business, you should read further.
Step 1. Find out what kind of business you want to run
There are several options: you can open a florist, toy store, game room, pet shop, grocery store, night club, restaurant, beauty salon, patisserie, furniture store, or salon. bowling. Be creative and use one of the other expansions (if you have any) to your advantage. Also be informed about your Sims' abilities. Are they good at cooking? Then you could open a bakery. If they're good at mechanics, you might want to open a toy store.
Step 2. Create your business
You can do this in a community lot or at home. I recommend having a home business for a flower or toy shop, but a community lot for a restaurant or bowling alley. If you are selling something, put the small items on shelves. And put a lot of them because they sell quickly! Buy a cash register and build a bathroom. Put a sign outside the door so customers know when it's open. To open a restaurant you will need The Sims 2 Nightlife.
Step 3. Request to open the business
If yours is a home business, tap on the phone, then business, and then start a home business. If you will be working on another lot, click "Buy Community Lot". You may need extra money to buy a lot.
Step 4. Customers
Once you open your business, customers will walk in and roam the venue (except in restaurants). Help them choose what they need, so click on the customer if they seem confused. Also you should be good with the cashier, because if you are too slow the customers will get angry and leave. Do not worry! Over time you will get better and better at using the cash register.
Step 5. Employees
If you think things are out of control and you believe you need other people, you can always hire employees. Click on the phone to do it. As in all things, there are pros and cons. The good thing, for sure, is that you don't need to do everything yourself, so while you're helping customers or stocking the shelves, they might be standing at the checkout. The bad thing is that you have to pay them and sometimes they may not do their job well or not work at all. If you have a home business, on the other hand, you can get help from the rest of the family without having to pay anything!
Step 6. How is your business doing?
You can check it in the tab located at the top right of the screen. It shows you who your customers are, how much money you have earned (or lost), who your employees are… etc. Don't lose sight of it, it will help you understand how your business is going!
Step 7. Refuel, refuel, refuel
When Sims shop, the items don't just pop up again! To restock the store, there should be an X mark on the finished item. Click it to restock the item. Read the tips to find an easier way.
- A restaurant does not follow some of these steps.
- Always remember to raise an employee's pay if the employee information icon says they are underpaid or very underpaid, otherwise they will quit their job and you will have trouble finding someone else like the old employee.
- Always put the most expensive items on the walls of your shop because they sell the most. Put the inexpensive ones in the center of the lot.
- Don't give up if your employees aren't working. You can always work alone, it's not too difficult.
- Pet shops cannot sell birds and wombats.
- Remember to close the shop! You can't work all the time and you will surely get tired sooner or later. Also, you need time to restock the shop.
- When you are buying items for your lot make sure you are in "wholesale mode". This allows you to have a discount on what you buy and consequently higher profits.
- The beauty salon is another exception, but just style your hair and the Sims will pay you.
- For restaurants you need The Sims 2 Nightlife or Sims 2 Deluxe.
- For pet shops you need The Sims 2 Pets.
- Don't make your shop too small or too big. If it is too big it will slow down the computer and it will take Sims a long time to move around the lot. If it is too small, you will not be able to fit all the items you need into it and there will be too much confusion. A 3x3 lot is perfect.
- To stop putting employees on break you have to open the cheat panel (Ctrl + Shift + C) and type 'maxmotives'. This will maximize employee motivation.
- When you list items, I suggest you make them cheap. This way customers will buy more and you will eventually make more money.
- If you can't buy a lot because it's too expensive, open the cheat panel and type 'motherlode'. You will get 50,000 simoleons!
- Don't buy too many things when the shop is open. The money bar will go down a lot. Buy before opening the shop.
- Here's how to stock items with no time or money. Press Ctrl, Shift, and C in Neighborhood mode. In the cheat bar write 'boolprop testingcheatsenabled true'. Now enter the lot, click on an item by pressing Shift and you can "pretend" to have it restocked without even having to pay.
- Don't use the 'maxmotives' cheat when the business is open! The shopping bar will go down and you could potentially lose customers. To fix this, get your employees to arrive before opening hours, open the cheat bar and then type 'motivedecay off'. This will maximize the Sim's motivation and make sure they can't get off.
- Do not save with the 'boolprop testingcheatsenabled' cheat activated, it could ruin the batch. If you want to use this trick be sure to write "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false" to disable it before saving.