If you like to freeze bagels to keep them fresh, but hate how they taste after reheating them in the microwave or toaster, follow the steps in this article. With the following precautions they will acquire again the fragrance and taste they had just baked.
- Spreadable cheese (optional)
Method 1 of 2: Reheating a Bagel in the Microwave Oven
Step 1. Wrap the bagel in a paper towel or paper towel
You can also use a handkerchief (make sure it doesn't crumble).
Step 2. Put it in the microwave
Step 3. Set it to maximum power
Step 4. Set the timer for 20 seconds
Step 5. Once the bagel is heated, cut it in half
Step 6. Place both slices in a toaster
Make sure it has two auto-eject slots. Avoid using an electric oven instead, as it will not allow you to achieve the same result.
Step 7. Set the toaster to low and start toasting the slices
Step 8. At the end of the procedure, place the slices on the napkin you used earlier
Step 9. Spread cream cheese evenly on both slices (optional)
Step 10. Serve the bagel
Method 2 of 2: Reheat a Bagel in the Oven
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C
Step 2. Bake the entire bagel
Step 3. After a few minutes you can divide the bagel in half
To avoid getting burned, put on a pair of oven mitts. In addition to this, use a tool such as pliers to hold the bagel in place and open it.
Step 4. Re-bake the bagel with the two slices facing down
Step 5. After a few minutes the bagel will turn golden and crunchy
You can garnish it with plenty of spreadable cheese and any other ingredients you want (optional). You will see that it will be delicious, like freshly baked.
- Make sure the toaster plug is plugged into the power socket.
- Make sure you buy good quality bagels.
- Having a bread-slicer or a bagel-slicer is useful for cutting it cleanly and uniformly.
- To save money and avoid unnecessary consumption, defrost the bagel using an ecological cotton bag instead of a paper towel.
- Cream cheese, salmon, and capers are great for making a mouth-watering topping.
- The bagel will be hot when you take it out of the microwave.
- Prevents electrical devices from coming into contact with water.
- Do not put your fingers or any other object in the toaster. Even if you are not connected to the electricity, you still risk getting hurt (for example, you could cut yourself).
- If you use a knife to divide the bagel in half, be careful not to cut yourself.