Are we only a few months away from the next basketball season? Do you want to know what you need and how to train? If that's exactly what you are looking for or you just want to improve in this sport, read this article. It's for you!
Step 1. Buy everything you need
You will need at least two or three pairs of shorts for training.
The colors that go the most are white, black and blue. You should buy them that go a little loose, but tight on the waist.
Basketball shorts should be no more than 2.5cm above the knee. About halfway between the beginning of the leg and the lower part of the knee is the right length.
Another piece of clothing you will need are t-shirts. They should be not too tight. But there are no precise rules for this. The only thing is to make sure you have at least one white. But you should have other colors besides this one as well.
In basketball it is common to fall to the knees. To protect them, buy knee pads. Choose the color you prefer, all are fine.
To play basketball you will definitely need basketball shoes. Those with high ankles are the best because they protect the ankles more.
And to top it off, you'll need a balloon. Any color and size will fit.
Sports bras are ideal for playing basketball. You can easily find them in various sporting goods stores.
Step 2. Training is essential
Run around your neighborhood at least three times a week. You will get used to running during the game.
In the driveway of your house, practice handling the ball.
Dribble and try to get the ball between your legs.
This exercise can help you dribble in the game and it will be easier for you to cross at least half the court.
Go to a public pitch and practice shooting. Pull until your hands can't take it anymore.
- He also plays basketball with boys in his spare time. They are usually more aggressive than girls.
- If you get used to playing against boys, when you find yourself playing with girls you will be fine!
Step 3. Eat a healthy and balanced diet
Make sure you don't just eat candy. It will make you gain weight by making you slower. Eat all kinds of vegetables, fruits, grains, dairy products, and proteins.
Step 4. Try to watch as many games as you can
If you watch other people play you can learn from them and avoid the mistakes they make.
Step 5. Make sure you have a positive attitude
If you have a negative attitude and are mean towards others, the chances are high that your coach will not respect you. So be smiling and open to learning.
- Drink lots of water
- Be nice to your teammates. The game will also be better.
- Train as much as possible!
- Do not give up. It can be painful at times, but you will learn to get back on your feet.
- Make sure you have everything you need.
- Strike with grace. If the other team is not being sporty, ignore them. Don't let your opponents' tricks distract you.
- Don't answer to your coach. It will only serve to put you on the bench.
- Keep a first aid kit on hand.
- You could get injured. It happens in all sports. So, try to overcome injuries and keep playing the sport you love… basketball. However, injuries can sometimes be serious and you may need to stop playing, don't put too much pressure on yourself.
- When wearing high ankle shoes, make sure you tighten the laces tightly otherwise you could sprain or break your ankle.